Click to Home
Stay Connected
(785) 251-2000
Go To Search

Starting a Child Care
When looking to start a child care facility in Shawnee County, whether it is a home or larger facility, you must attend orientation in the county you wish to run your child care, before your application can be processed. Orientation is provided by the Shawnee County Health Agency and provides information on how to apply, what paperwork must be completed, what trainings are required and other helpful information.

SCHA provides orientation once a month. Each attendee must pay a $20 registration fee, which must be paid by noon the Friday prior to the class. No children under the age of 12 years old are allowed to attend the class. To register or get more information please call 251-2455.

Helpful forms and documents can be found under the forms link. You can find the regulation books for the State of Kansas, on the Kansas Department of Health and Environment website at

You can find the required forms from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment online at